Overcoming the Challenges of Rolling Out e-TB Manager in Nigeria
The e-TB Manager was used for drug resistant TB case management from 2010. The number of active DR-TB cases being managed in the system increased from 23 in 2010 to 1,037 in 2016.
Following the launch of the harmonized version of the e-TB Manager in December 2015 by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the subsequent phased roll-out of the platform across the 37 states in Nigeria, the number of presumptives TB patients entered into the e-TB Manager platform increased from 21,104 in 2016 to 123,137 in July 2017; the number of TB and DR-TB cases notified increased from 7,671 to 31,638 and 1,084 to 1017 from 2016 to July 2017 respectively.
- Training of and provision of tablets and desktops for 784 health care workers across 30 states in Nigeria
- Creation of a virtual dashboard that showcases NTBLCP’s TB reportable indicators
- Integration of the dashboard to the NTBLCP’s website to help increase visibility of tracked national level indicators
- Source of data for WHO annual DR-TB indicators for Nigeria
- Local hosting of e-TB Manager server in-country for country ownership and sustainability
- Adoption of the e-TB Manager as the sole electronic reporting tool for patients-level TB management by the NTP in Nigeria