Community Health Services Costing Tool
The purpose of the Community Health Services Costing Tool is to help managers and planners estimate the costs of providing health services at the community level. It can be used for individual community services, packages of services, or for all community services. It can be used to calculate the current costs and/or the costs of starting a new program or scaling up an existing one.
The Community Health Services Costing Tool is a spreadsheet-based tool that was originally developed in Liberia and has now been adapted for the 1 Million Community Health Workers Campaign. The tool estimates the costs of providing services at the community level, including supervision, training, and drug costs. The tool calculates the total number of Community Health Workers (CHWs) that are required to meet population-based norms. The tool allows multiple interventions to be input by the user, and target groups and incidence rates for each intervention to determine the total number of services that are required to be delivered at the community level. The direct and indirect costs of providing these services are then calculated. Direct costs include drugs and medical commodities, and indirect costs include facility-based supervision and incentives, in addition to training costs.
Planners and service and finance managers
The tool is easy to use and easily adapted to individual community health programs. The tool calculates the following:
- the number of community health volunteers required to fulfill population-based norms, including additional volunteers to make up for attrition;
- the number of community health services required to provide coverage to the desired population size;
- the total cost of providing these services over a period of up to 10 years;
- the total direct costs of providing these services (drug costs);
- the total indirect costs of providing these services (training, supervision, and incentives).
This tool only calculates service delivery costs at community and is not a complete vertical program costing tool
Recommended for Users
Managers can use this tool to see training, supervision, and other resources needs and costs for different numbers of services at the community level.
Contact us at email@example.com