Strengthening Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal Health in Latin America and the Caribbean
In partnership with UNFPA's Latin American and Caribbean Regional Office, the FCI Program of MSH provides technical assistance and advocates for strategies and commitments to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, and adolescent health in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The FCI Program of MSH:
- Strengthens national and regional capacity to deliver quality services to adolescents according to regional adolescent sexual and reproductive health standards.
- Strengthens midwifery leadership and organizations in LAC by supporting their capacity to implement small grants, provide competency-based education and to strengthen the leadership of young midwives.
- Fosters commitments towards safe motherhood through technical assistance to the Regional Task Force on Maternal Mortality Reduction (GTR for its Spanish acronym), of which MSH is an Executive Committee Member.
- Works with GTR member agencies to reach agreement on content of the updated Strategic Consensus on Maternal Mortality Reduction.
- Increases visibility of respectful maternity care in the region.
- Promotes integration of intercultural maternal health standards of care in the Andean Region.
- Strengthens implementation of regional maternal mortality surveillance and response guidelines.
Read more about the FCI Program of MSH's work in LAC on the blog Rights & Realities.