Hosting and support to the UHC2030 Civil Society Engagement Mechanism
MSH is hosting the Secretariat for the Civil Society Engagement Mechanism for UHC2030 (CSEM), the civil society constituent of the UHC2030 International Health Partnership (UHC2030). The objectives of CSEM are to raise civil society voices to ensure that policies and programs for universal health coverage (UHC) are inclusive and equitable, with systematic attention to the most marginalized and vulnerable populations so that no one is left behind.
CSEM does this through:
- Influencing policy design and implementation
- Lobbying for participatory and inclusive policy development and implementation processes
- Strengthening citizen-led social accountability mechanisms
- Promoting coordination between civil society organization (CSO) platforms and networks working on health-related issues at the national, regional, and global levels
- Enabling civil society to have a voice in the UHC2030 movement
Our experience in UHC policy, advocacy, and communications, informed by our health systems programmatic work, makes MSH uniquely suited to help the CSEM achieve its objectives.
Membership in the CSEM is open to all civil society representatives advancing health, financing, and governance agendas that relate to achieving UHC. Identifying as a UHC advocate is not a requirement for joining. To join the CSEM, please fill out this form. Get in touch with the CSEM Secretariat at email@example.com and follow CSEM on Twitter: @CSOs4UHC. For more information on CSEM’s activities, visit the website.