Through its Leadership Development Program Plus (LDP+), MSH trained decentralized decision-makers at the regional level to improve performance and build greater ownership of health services. With the support of USAID, MSH piloted its leadership development work in two regions of Côte d’Ivoire and then scaled it up to three additional regions. In partnership with the Global Fund and Côte d’Ivoire's Ministry of Public Health and Hygiene, MSH has further extended its leadership, management, and governance capacity to build support for the country's health system.
- Trained and mentored regional health managers and directors to achieve measurable results. For example, the team in N’Zi-Iffou-Moronou region increased the retention rate of people living with HIV on antiretrovirals from 69 to 79 percent over a six-month period.
- Supported public health committees along the Liberia and Guinea borders and mobilized resources to address the 2014–2016 Ebola outbreak.
- Provided long-term technical assistance to strengthen Côte d’Ivoire’s national malaria control efforts and helped the National Malaria Control Program secure more than USD 100 million in grant money over two years.
- Improved the supply chain of health products at the national level by providing technical assistance to the central pharmacy and helping transform it from a public to privately owned organization that is transparent and run on sound business principles
- Launched the Decentralized Supply Chain Management project to improve the logistics of managing HIV products at the local level. Trained regional pharmacists were put in place to supervise management of the new system, bridging the gap between 82 district pharmacies and the central level.
In partnership with a civil society organization dedicated to helping people living with HIV, pioneered an integrated alert system to report drug stock-outs.
|Project Name||Health Systems||Health Areas||Date|
|The Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program||Pharmaceutical Management, Global Health Security||Malaria, Women, Children, and Adolescents' Health, Tuberculosis||2018 - 2023|
|Global Fund Health Systems Strengthening Project||Leadership, Management & Governance||2018 - 2020|
|Supporting Cote d’Ivoire’s efforts to reduce maternal and infant mortality through performance-based financing||Financing Health Services||2016 - 2019|
Supply Chain Management System
|Pharmaceutical Management||HIV & AIDS||2006 - 2016|
The Health Communication Collaborative
|Leadership, Management & Governance||HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, Women, Children, and Adolescents' Health, Malaria||September 26, 2012 - July 31, 2017|
African Strategies for Health
|Leadership, Management & Governance, Financing Health Services||Malaria, Tuberculosis, Women, Children, and Adolescents' Health, HIV & AIDS||2011 - 2016|
Leadership, Management and Governance Project
|Leadership, Management & Governance||HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis||2012 - 2017|