Electronic Dispensing Tool
How it's used
Ensuring that the correct medicines and amounts have been dispensed to patients and carefully monitoring patients' adherence and response, and possible side effects are critical functions of a clinic. In general, a patient's medicine history is seldom maintained, and those histories that are kept are not readily available to the dispenser, making it difficult to monitor patient care and compile service statistics needed to support management decisions. The Electronic Dispensing Tool helps maintain basic patient profile information, medicine history, and other data that are essential for the dispenser to know at the time of dispensing.
- Maintains a list of all patient visits and products dispensed to patients.
- Has "batch"/lot and expiry date tracking for the medicines and supplies being dispensed.
- Includes adherence report complete with eight indicators validated by WHO.
- Includes three different calendars for use (English, Ethiopian, Nepali).
- Is not a comprehensive clinical tool, since it only has basic patient and inventory information related to medicines being dispensed.
- Not web-based.
Where it has been applied
- East Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- Southern Africa
- West Africa
To learn more or for any questions, please contact email@example.com.