Conducting a Baseline Study of Health Facility Capacity in Benin
USAID’s Benin Integrated Health Services Activity (IHSA) is issuing request for proposals (RFP) No. IHSA-2018-001 to identify a local firm to conduct a baseline study of health-facility capacity to deliver quality malaria, maternal and child health (MCH), family planning (FP), and gender-based violence (GBV) services, as well as a community household knowledge, attitudes, and practices survey to determine service availability and barriers to access.
The overall objective of the baseline study is to help gather or generate information as a point of reference on the health condition of the population living in the project-supported health zones, the management and supervision capacity of decentralized MOH entities, health service availability and barriers to access, the quality of health services, and health knowledge, attitudes, and practices of the communities, as well as their engagement, motivation and willingness for health promotion.
More specifically, the study aims:
- To assess the leadership, governance, and management capacity as well as the functionality of MOH’s technical structures and decentralized entities.
- To assess the selected clinical and non-clinical capacity of HCs in the selected departments to provide a baseline for program planning and improvement activities.
- To conduct a limited assessment of clinical capacity of health personnel to diagnose, manage, and refer key MNCH, FP, malaria and GBV complications and illnesses.
- To collect data at community level on the availability and functionality of CHWs.
- To collect data from a representative sample of communities’ households to gather data for key indicators related to knowledge, attitude and practices, and availability of essential services and the barriers for seeking care in (or for) MNCH, FP/RH, Malaria and GBV.
Please find the link to the detailed RFP below:
Submission of questions regarding the RFP
Questions regarding the RFP should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than September 10, 2018, at 5:00 PM US EST. MSH will send answers to questions to all registered parties.
Closing/Submission Date and Time
September 17, 2018, at 5:00 PM US EST
Language of Proposals
The technical and cost proposals must be in English.
Instructions for Submission of Proposals
In order to be considered, an electronic copy of both the technical and cost proposals must be delivered via e-mail to Léandre Sohounde at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and time. See Section 5 of the RFP for detailed delivery instructions.
Estimated Period of Performance
The maximum period of performance is 2 months.
A Fixed Price Contract award is anticipated. Issuance of this request for proposals does not constitute an award commitment on the part of MSH nor does it commit MSH to pay for costs incurred in the submission of a proposal.