MSH’s elearning programs increase the reach, effectiveness, and impact of our technical assistance to health service institutions and health professionals around the world. We implement innovative and practical elearning solutions that:
- provide continuing education for health professionals;
- support performance improvements in the workplace;
- foster peer-to-peer exchange of experience;
- respond to client needs and program objectives;
- adapt to environments with limited technology resources and Internet access;
- complement on-site and face-to-face approaches.
A Range of Learning Options
MSH’s portfolio of elearning products and programs accommodates a variety of learning approaches, ranging from self-instructional performance support tools and personal tutorials to facilitated-learning programs and seminars for groups.
Featured eLearning Products
Self-Instructional Learning Programs
Performance support tools and tutorials provide individuals with access to learning opportunities whenever and wherever they need them.
- The Provider's Guide to Quality & Culture supports health care organizations in providing high-quality, culturally competent services to multiethnic populations.
- The Health Manager's Toolkit provides easy access to practical management tools.
- The International Drug Price Indicator Guide makes drug price information available in order to improve procurement of medicines of assured quality for the lowest possible price.
- USAID Global Health E-Learning Center offers self-instructional tutorials that combine technical content with program principles, best practices, and case studies.
Facilitated Learning Programs
MSH’s team-based facilitated learning programs enable participants to produce concrete deliverables over a period of time. Our blended learning programs combine different delivery methods and learning methodologies to achieve results.
- Virtual Business Planning for Health Program (VBPH) is a blended learning program which utilizes both face-to-face and electronic methodologies to help organizations develop a business plan that generates a social return on investment.
- Virtual Leadership-Development Program (VLDP) is a blended-learning program that combines individual learning with face-to-face teamwork. Program materials, including interactive exercises, are presented through a website that also promotes dialogue among experienced facilitators, individual participants, and work teams. During the program, participants apply their leadership capacity by identifying an organizational challenge and developing an action plan to address it with feedback and support from program facilitators. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Virtual Strategic-Planning Program (VSPP) is a blended-learning program that guides management teams through the four stages of strategic planning to create a strategic plan for their organizations. The program is facilitated by strategic-planning specialists who support teams throughout the process.
MSH’s facilitated seminars are time-bound events in which content experts guide participants through material. Learners participate in peer-to-peer discussions, exchanging information, experience, and ideas about how to resolve common challenges.
- Global Exchange Network for Reproductive Health (GEN) is a Web-based network for reproductive health individuals and organizations. GEN currently has more than 1,300 members who participate in events in English, Spanish, and French.
- the financial sustainability of reproductive-health programs and organizations;
- the community-based distribution of injectable contraception;
- procurement options for contraceptive commodities in Latin America.
- LeaderNet is a worldwide network of health managers and facilitators of leadership development programs with more than 1,200 members from 77 countries. Members participate in quarterly certificate seminars in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
- how to improve team work, work group climate, and employee satisfaction;
- how to achieve results in challenging and low-resource settings, showcasing successful leadership and management initiatives in Mozambique, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Haiti.
- Performance Improvements for District Health Teams is a CD-ROM-based program designed for use as part of a blended learning program for district health planning teams in Indonesia as they select and implement strategies to improve key health indicators.
- Reducing Health Disparities in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Populations is a facilitated, interactive, Web-based virtual seminar designed to enhance the delivery of health care by providers that serve AAPI populations.
- Competencia Intercultural para la Atención de Salud Sexual y Reproductiva (Cultural Competence for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services) is a CD-ROM-based program for Bolivian health care providers that can be delivered either as a self-instructional tutorial or as part of facilitated, face-to-face training.