TB Events in Washington, DC
Follow MSH's TB expert Pedro Suarez on Twitter for tweets about these TB events through out the week.
Tuesday, March 21
12:00pm-1:30pm | Russell Senate Office Building, Room 485
Lunch will be served with a briefing from speakers about what the U.S. needs to do to defeat TB, followed by remarks from MDR-TB survivors.
- Dr. Ken Castro, Rear Admiral, U.S. Public Health Service, and Professor Emory University
- Dr. Sanjay Jain, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and International Health, Johns Hopkins University
- Dr. Emily Ann Kendall, Instructor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University
Thursday, March 23
4:00pm-6:00pm | Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2322
MSH will be co-sponsoring a presentation and reception with TB Roundtable to highlight the role of the U.S. government in addressing global health security with an emphasis on the global eradication of TB.
- Pedro Suarez, MSH Global Technical Lead for TB
- Charlotte Colvin, USAID
- US Representative Eliot Engel, D-NY
- Melquiades Huauya Ore, TB survivor
- Shannon Hader, CDC
- The Lucky Specials stars and filmmakers
Friday, March 24
3:30pm-5:30pm | Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2103
Screening of the film The Lucky Specials