Join Us: MSH to Host Virtual Seminar on Ebola Outbreak- October 28-30, 2014
MSH is hosting a 3-day interactive virtual seminar on the subject of the West African Ebola outbreak from October 28 – 30, 2014. Learn more and contribute to the discussion on trends, approaches, and specific interventions to stop Ebola. This seminar, available in English and French and provided free of charge, is targeted to anyone interested in preparedness and response to an Ebola outbreak. Go to LeaderNet.org and register for this timely seminar.
Over the three days, we will have an online discussion and provide resources related to MSH’s response to the Ebola crisis. The seminar facilitators and moderators are: Fred Hartman, the Global Technical Lead for Malaria and Communicable Diseases; Rudi Thetard, the Project Director and Infectious Disease Specialist for the African Strategies for Health Project; Arthur Loryoun, Project Director for Sustainable Drug Seller Initiatives, Liberia; Lisa Stone, Independent Pandemic Planning Advisor; and Ian Sliney, Director of Health Systems Strengthening and Coordinator of the MSH Ebola Response Team.
Objectives of the Seminar include:
- To provide a broad overview of the current West African Ebola outbreak, identify trends, and specific interventions that are needed;
- To show specific MSH technical approaches that can help countries prepare for and respond to any Ebola outbreak
Key components of the MSH response include:
- Strengthen Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response systems, both in affected countries, but especially in unaffected countries;
- Use trained medical stores personnel to distribute high quality medications at the community level, including community care kits for home care of Ebola patients, and help re-start essential services;
- Use a Framework for Ebola Response and Recovery at the Local Level.
How to join this LeaderNet Seminar on Ebola:
- Go to LeaderNet.org and log-in or register.
- Go to the Ebola Seminar page and “Join” the group.
- Tell other members about yourself by posting a comment in the Forum.
- Return to the site October 28-30 to participate and access important materials on the topic, ask questions of MSH’s panel of experts, and participate in the online discussion.
LeaderNet.org is a learning and social networking website that hosts a global community of those who lead, manage, and govern in the health sector of low and middle-income countries. By embracing the principles of country ownership, gender inclusion, and evidence-driven approaches, LeaderNet advances the role of individuals and institutions toward inspired leadership, sound management, and transparent governance leading to better health outcomes for all. LeaderNet is managed by Management Sciences for Health.