Congressional Briefing: Saving Women's & Children's Lives
International Medical Corps and Management Sciences for Health invite you to a congressional briefing in cooperation with:
- Reps. Jaime Herrera Beutler and Donna F. Edwards, Co-Chairs, Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues
- Reps. Kristi Noem and Doris O. Matsui, Vice-Chairs Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues
We will discuss the crucial role of health workers in saving the lives of women and children. These doctors, nurses, midwives, local pharmacists, community health workers, and other professionals are the first and often only link to health care for millions of women and children, particularly in fragile and conflict-affected states.
Join us for a discussion on lessons learned, as well as current opportunities and challenges to strengthen the role of and increase the number of health workers in fragile situations.
Light refreshments will be served.
- Angeli Achrekar, Senior Advisor, Division of Global HIV/AIDS, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ann Canavan, Director of Health Policy and Practice, International Medical Corps
- Maheen Malik, Senior Technical Advisor, Management Sciences for Health
- Christine Sow, Executive Director, Global Health Council
Please RSVP on Facebook or to Margot Johnson, International Medical Corps, via email: MJohnson at InternationalMedicalCorps dot org.
Photo credit: Margaret Aguirre, International Medical Corps.