Strengthening Health Systems
Strengthening health systems is the most sustainable way of improving health and saving lives at large scale. MSH pursues its mission by building high-impact, sustainable, locally-owned health systems. We apply our expertise across six health systems building blocks, as identified by the World Health Organization:
- Global Health Security
- Financing Health Services
- Leadership, Management, and Governance
- Pharmaceutical Management
MSH focuses on achieving the greatest health results and serving those most in need. Our pathway to results allows MSH and its country partners to:
- focus on interventions that work best in project design, implementation, and evaluation
- foster country-led and country-owned programs to create sustainable health systems; and
- harness the strength of all sectors: public, private, and civil society--to work together as a unified whole.
We work at all levels of the health system--from the household to the community to the health facility to national authorities.