Global Health Council Announces New Board Members: MSH President & CEO Jonathan Quick Named Interim Chair
The GHC Board of Directors is pleased to announce the election of 15 new Board members. The election process ended on December 19, 2012 and a full tally of the results were certified the next day. Below are the names of those elected and their organizational affiliation.
With the election of the new members complete, the remaining Board members will step down as of December 31, 2012. To ensure a smooth transition to the new Global Health Council, beginning January 1, 2013 and until the new Board meets to act collectively to make permanent arrangements, Dr. Jonathan Quick, President and CEO, Management Sciences for Health, will serve as the interim chair of the Board and Global Impact will serve as the organization’s Secretariat.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
New GHC Board effective 1/1/2013:
- George Alleyne, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Lindsey Coates, InterAction
- Chris Collins, The American Foundation for AIDS research (amfAR)
- Elizabeth (Liz) Creel, John Snow, Inc
- Patricia Daley, Save the Children
- Peter Donaldson, Population Council
- Suzanne Ehlers, Population Action International
- Karen Goraleski, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Akudo Anyanwu Ikemba, Friends Africa (Friends of the Global Fund Africa)
- Keith Martin, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)
- Peter Ngatia, African Medical & Research Foundation (AMREF)
- Jonathan (Jono) Quick, Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Leonard Rubenstein, Center for Human Rights and Public Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Rachel Wilson, Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH)
- Jason Taylor Wright, International HIV/AIDS Alliance
For more information, visit http://www.globalhealth.org.