Patient Perspectives on Surviving Tuberculosis
Tuberculosis (TB) kills more people than any other single infectious agent, claiming 1.5 million lives per year. More than 13 million people in the US have TB infection, yet it is often a hidden disease.
At this briefing we will hear from TB survivors about their experience, the lessons learned, and what the US needs to do to defeat this disease. Join us as we commemorate World TB Day and thank these survivors for coming forward to tell their stories.
RSVP to David Bryden - email@example.com
- David Bryden, TB Advocacy Officer, RESULTS
- Dr. Paula Fujiwara, Scientific Director, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
- Nauman Rana, MDR-TB Survivor, New York
- Kate O'Brien, TB Survivor, New Jersey
- Derrek Kelly, TB Survivor, California
- Loyce Maturu, TB Survivor, Zimbabwe
- RESULTS, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), Vital Strategies, Aeras, TB Alliance, American Thoracic Society, National TB Controllers Association, and Management Sciences for Health
Lunch will be served.