In Afghanistan's villages, provincial centers, and Ministry of Public
Health; in clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies; in classrooms, workshops,
and training centersREACH is empowering the Afghan people to
rebuild a health system damaged and neglected during more than two
decades of war.
- A community health worker teaches a mother in a rural Afghan village
how to care for her sick child.
- A young woman improves her literacy level to qualify her for midwifery
- An Afghan midwife attends refresher training about safe motherhood.
- A provincial health team develops an immunization campaign to protect
children against common diseases.
- The Afghan Ministry of Public Health develops management systems and standards
to improve service delivery.
- Over seven million men, women, and children have access to primary